Linda Plowman Fikes
in the Lord with all thine heart;
lean not unto thine own understanding.
all thy ways acknowledge Him,
He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs
Linda started singing professionally in 1967 at the age of 10. Just 6 years later, she was nominated Music City News’ Most Promising Female Artist. Then at the age of 22, she felt God leading her away from the music industry to become a full time wife and mother. Today Linda is the mother of three children, Clint, Barbara, and Brandon. Barbara moved to Heaven on October 29, 2000 at the age of 16, following a car accident. Barbara was an organ donor, lengthening five lives on earth and postponing grief for these families. In October of 2003, Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent 7 months of surgeries, chemotherapy, and radiation. It is Linda’s desire to share with everyone that it is only through God’s grace that she has been enabled to persevere amidst her most difficult “life assignments”. With all her heart, Linda seeks to be a vessel that God can use to encourage others to trust Him completely, no matter what. Linda seeks to inspire others to, “Seek and trust Him with all of your heart to enable you to do your purpose. We can choose to be bitter or better when the trials come; tarnished, or refined as silver in the fire. May we all strive to be more like Jesus, confident that His strength is made perfect in our weakness.” Linda’s musical accomplishments in her early life (listed below) have prepared her to sing a new song of faith in Jesus Christ in the face of great loss and adversity.
· Weekly artist on The Lake Brothers Show - Channel 33 TV in Tuscaloosa, Alabama beginning at age 10 for 2 1/2 years
· Joe Langston’s Sunday Morning Show on Channel 13, Birmingham, Alabama
· Was mentored in the country music business by Barbara Mandrell. Barbara and Linda were label mates on Columbia Records in the 1970’s
· Toured the United States extensively with Conway Twitty
· Shared performances with many great C&W artists such as Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Mel Tillis, The Statler Brothers, The Oak Ridge Boys, Brenda Lee, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Connie Smith,, Crystal Gayle, Sonny James
· Sang numerous times on the Grand Ole Opry
· Many of Linda’s recordings hit Billboard Magazine’s Top 100
· Linda’s version of Hank Williams’ song, "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," reached #47 in the national charts
· Nominated Music City News' Most Promising Female Artist (1973)
· Performed on “Treehouse Children's Variety Show”, a syndicated television program taped in Dallas, Texas
· Ralph Emery Morning Show on WSM-TV in Nashville, Tennessee
· 1972 World's Ideal Miss (Week long pageant with 149 contestants from the U.S. and other countries held at Baylor University in Waco, Texas)
· Entertained at many televised Cerebral Palsy Telethons & the National Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon
· Opening act for the world renowned Bob Hope
· Present member of Music City Christian Fellowship, an organization of Christian country music artists and musicians committed to using their talent and testimony to further the work of Christ
· Sunday Morning Country with MCCF, Grand Ole Opry House, June of 2003
· UA Gymnastics & Tuscaloosa Toyota’s Drive For The Cure Dinner Banquet, North River Yacht Club, October, 2005 (Benefit for DCH Foundation’s Breast Cancer Fund)
· Tuscaloosa Soroptomist Club’s “Brunch For Boobs”, North River Yacht Club
· U.S. Transplant Games Opening Ceremonies with Larry Hagman, Kentucky Exposition Center’s Freedom Hall Coliseum, June of 2006
· Annual Alabama Organ Center Donor Family Recognition Service at Yielding Chapel, Birmingham Southern College, 2003 - 2007
· National Anthem, University of Alabama Men’s Basketball Game, Coleman Coliseum, February 2007
· Frequent guest with Grammy Award Winning Bill Mack on XM Satellite Radio, Open Road, Channel 171
· Over the past 6 years, Linda has been blessed to speak/sing throughout Alabama and beyond at numerous church services (Sunday mornings & evenings); Women’s Conferences; Ladies Group Luncheons; Prayer Breakfasts; Senior’s Groups; Civic Organizations; Golden Years Group and other groups at DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, Alabama; UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama.
God uses all the seasons of our life to help us arrive at the place where He is calling us to be, so that we may fulfill His will and glorify His name. Please contact me. I would be blessed and honored to share God’s love with you. This includes mine and Barbara’s testimony for Jesus Christ; and also about Barbara’s move to Heaven, her organ donation experience, and my breast cancer journey. God has enabled me to understand and “do” my purpose and has given me a deep desire to “make a difference for Him”. I hope to meet you before I move to Heaven…and after!
With all my heart, Linda ^j^
Web site: www.lindaplowmanfikes.com
Return to Home Page